Choosing a good asphalt paving contractor can be tricky. There are many contractors out there who will try to scam you out of your money. If you’re a private homeowner who does not have enough experience in handling paving projects, here are some tips on how to find reliable asphalt paving contractor and acquiring high quality work.
First and foremost, always choose contactors who are famous for the quality of their job. Here’s what you can do:
1. Look for their names in phonebooks or the internet.
2. Check if they have insurance certificate to their name
3. Check their portfolio and assess the quality of their previous jobs and work locations
4. Check if they have tons of testimonials to their credit.
Because of the stiff competition nowadays, many asphalt paving companies or asphalt paving contractors make use of all the ways and means to advertise their names. In fact, even scammers are fully capable of creating false advertising and they are individuals whom you don’t want to find.
To distinguish the best asphalt paving contractor, here are some probing questions that you can ask:
1. Do they have in-depth knowledge of the current technologies and techniques?
2. Can they offer good customer service before and after the job? And what kind of customer service can they offer?
3. Do they also perform other kind of value-added services?
4. How do they communicate with their clients?
5. Ask them what their definition of quality products and services that they provide
6. Do they have knowledgeable sales personnel who can clearly tell you of the benefits, and options for several approaches that they will implement during repair?
7. How long have they been in the asphalt paving business?
8. How long will they be able to complete the job?
These are useful questions that you can ask during comparison shopping. Comparison shopping is done so you can get several proposals from more than one paving contractor. This way, you’ll be able to choose the best from the rest. Keep in mind that you must not easily accept contractors who will offer their services at a lower price. Carefully examine their track record and the products that they are using.
And lastly, to seal the deal, insist on creating a written agreement. This will protect you and the pavement contractor’s interest as well.